AAPA is seeking PAs to serve on the Governance Commission for a two-year term beginning July 2021. The deadline to apply is May 26, 2021.
The FY22 Commission charges are as follows:
- Review all Bylaws amendments to be considered at the House of Delegates for the purpose of ensuring proposed changes and amendments conform with existing policies.
- As an impartial body, establish consistent processes and procedures to bring parity to all AAPA elections with dual goals of increasing member transparency and election engagement (candidate and voter).
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the Nominating Work Group and Constituent Relations Work Group.
- Carry out the duties assigned in section 9.3 of the AAPA Judicial Affairs Manual.
- As needed, review AAPA governance documents to identify and eliminate conflicting and inconsistent language.
- Review AAPA policies assigned by the House Officers, to include but not limited to five-year policy review, and develop recommendations for consideration by the appropriate body.
- Collaborate with other commissions, organizations, and staff, as needed, to ensure cross-organizational strategy, research, and planning.
- The Chair will submit an annual report to the Board of Directors summarizing the accomplishments of the Commission. This report will also be shared with the House of Delegates. The Chair will attend the House of Delegates meeting to testify, as needed, regarding policies and resolutions related to the work of the Commission.